Jobs at Kelburn
Thank you for your interest in working for Kelburn! We currently have the following vacancies available.
Role: Head Gardener (FT – 5 days / week)
Start Date: June 2014
Application deadline: 13th, June
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Kelburn Estate requires an experienced and knowledgeable Head Gardener to maintain and develop its gardens and grounds. The estate is situated at the foot of a spectacular glen, 100ft above sea level, half a mile from the sea, overlooking the islands of the Firth of Clyde. Our gardens include: a unique and beautiful walled garden, the children’s hedge garden, a wild flower meadow, lawn areas, castle grounds, a wide range of trees and shrubs, a small pond area and more.
The role is full-time (5 days a week), varied and encompasses everything from formal gardening and maintenance work to hedge trimming and planting.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Completing the planned annual garden programme
- Seasonal pruning, planting, weeding
- General garden upkeep
- Hedge trimming
- Producing flowers for pots and cutting
- Weekly lawn mowing in season
- Managing a small team of mowers and trimmers
- Purchasing of all plants/materials, constantly liaising with senior management
Desired skills / experience:
· Previous experience managing gardens in an estate setting highly desirable
· Chemical spraying certificates essential
· Horticulture certificate or diploma highly desirable
· Experience of producing flowers for pots and cutting
· Organisational skills and the ability to work on own initiative a must as role will be mostly unsupervised (weekly meetings with Estate owner will occur)
· Flexible and able to work on your own
Please send your CV and cover letter to Dave Boyle at email@example.com by no later than 13th, June 2014.
For more conservation jobs, visit: http://www.environmentjob.co.uk