Jobs at Kelburn
Thank you for your interest in working for Kelburn! We have the following vacancies currently available:
Role: Events Manager
Start Date: 20th May, 2013
Application deadline: 29th April, 2013
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Kelburn Castle and Country Centre require an Events Manager to develop and manage its events programme, particularly in relation to castle functions and events within it’s newly renovated events facility. Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for organising, coordinating and promoting all major events for Kelburn. The role is varied and encompasses everythinig from sales and marketing to on-site event management.
Specific duties include:
- Delivering events on time, within budget, that meet (and hopefully exceed) expectations,
- Coordinating Kelburn’s event diary across all departments,
- Communicating, maintaining and developing client relationships,
- Increasing market awareness of Kelburn as an events venue,
- Acting as a focal point of contact for clients at all stages from initial enquiry through to the production and delivery of events and post-event monitoring,
- Generate sales in line with set targets by identifying opportunities and then following these opportunities through in order to maximise business potential,
- Handle and communicate all relevant information between client, suppliers and all relevant internal departments,
- Assist with the day to day events enquires including providing quotations to potential clients,
- Ensuring excellent customer service and quality delivery
Desired skills / experience:
- Relevant experience of events planning and co-ordination at a management level is essential,
- Previous sales and/or marketing experience is desirable and would be a distinct advantage,
- Ability to manage budgets,
- Ability to deliver high quality and consistent service,
- Possess a client focused approach,
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
- Self-motivated and organised,
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Flexible and comfortable working with a fun team!
Please send your CV and cover letter to Dave Boyle at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 29th April, 2013.
Job Title: Volunteer Ranger x 2 – Front of House / Events (Seasonal)
Location: Kelburn Country Centre, Fairlie, near Largs, North Ayrshire
Full-time and Seasonal for a five day week 9am-6pm
Kelburn Country Centre is looking for two enthusiastic and reliable people to join our Volunteer Ranger Team for the Spring/Summer 2013 Season. This year we are focusing on an expanded program of events that incorporates an opportunity to develop front of house skills including public speaking, events management and theatre, in addition to the more traditional ranger skills of conservation, woodland management, and environmental education.
A typical day could include:
- Greeting the pubic as they enter the park, and informing them of
the days activities on offer.
- Helping with devising and delivering a programme of events,
such as: arts and craft days, storytelling, flora and fauna
identification, environmental education, duck races, etc.
- Managing school groups and related activities.
- Supporting daily routine operations: litter, loos, etc.
- Working with the estate team when / if the centre is quiet.
You must be a self motivated team player, confident and comfortable speaking with the public, enthusiastic about working with children, willing to take part in costumed and theatrical style activities and not bothered with some down and dirty physical work. Experience is a plus but not at all essential. Applicants who live locally are preferred, but accommodation will be provided for the right candidates. There is also a modest weekly allowance toward living expenses. This is a great opportunity to learn new skills, develop existing ones, and spend a fun season on a beautiful estate and country park. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!
Please email your CV ASAPto: email@example.com
For more green jobs, why not visit Stop Dodo www.environmentjobs.com/