Jobs at Kelburn
Thank you for your interest in working for Kelburn! We currently have the following vacancies available:
Role: Accounts / Finance Manager (F/T – 5 days a week)
Start Date: ASAP
Application deadline: 18th February 2015
Interviews: w/c 23rd February 2015
Kelburn Castle and Estate require a mid-level Accounts Manager to join the office on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will undertake both accounts and office duties within this small team. The role is a senior management position, full-time (5 days a week), varied and encompasses everything from processing invoices and staff timesheets to general office duties including filing and data entry. Kelburn is a multi-functional estate that operates several businesses including private and public events, a country centre, music festivals, an equestrian centre and more. The beautiful estate is located near Largs, around a ½ hour drive from Glasgow.
Specific duties include:
· General bookkeeping including entering expenses, producing P & L reports, cash allocation and credit control,
· Receiving and processing all invoices, expense forms and requests for payment in Sage,
· Supporting company management with general office duties including data entry, copying and filing,
· Cash flow projection and reporting,
· Dealing with accounts related queries,
· Maintenance of sales ledger,
· Reconciliation of bank & cash accounts,
· VAT returns,
· Running monthly payroll including maintaining and reporting staff absence and holiday,
· Devising ways of improving current policies and procedures,
· Ensuring excellent customer service and quality delivery.
Desired skills / experience:
· Relevant experience of bookkeeping and accounting at a management level is essential,
· Knowledge of creating and maintaining spreadsheets,
· Firm working knowledge of Sage Line 50 Accounts & Sage 50 Payroll
· Strong budget management experience,
· Excellent organisational skills and ability to work to, and sometimes implement own processes,
· Ability to deliver high quality and consistent service,
· Competence in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) is expected,
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
· Educated to degree level or equivalent,
· Flexible and comfortable working with a fun and forward thinking team!
Please send your CV and cover letter to Dave Boyle at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 18th February, 2015.
Job Title: Seasonal Ranger – Events, Education and Front of House
Closing Date: 13th, February 2015
Interview Date: 19th, February 2015
Start Date: 1st, March or ASAP
Full-time and Seasonal (1st March – 31st October) for a five day week 9am-6pm
Although seasonal, this is a key post at Kelburn Castle and Estate. The post holder is head of front of house and requires a leader to drive forward events, organise staff and remain aware of all visitor services issues. It is a busy environment most of the time. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, have a strong attention to detail and be able to demonstrate previous experience of working in a front of house position, preferably in a similar type of environment. The post holder will also need to be friendly, with an outgoing personality and a flexible attitude to work as weekend and evening work is required. Applicants who live locally would be preferred but accommodation will be provided for the right candidate. This is a highly rewarding job for the right candidate!
Kelburn is a multi-functional estate that operates several businesses including private and public events, a country centre, music festivals, an equestrian centre and more. The beautiful estate is located near Largs, around a ½ hour drive from Glasgow.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Working directly with the General Manager and Head Ranger to deliver a comprehensive front of house customer service.
- Co-creating, organizing and delivering an Events Programme for the 2015 season.
- Assisting with the management of our camping and glamping programs including reservations, operations and maintenance
- Supervising seasonal rangers and volunteers.
- Developing and delivering an education service from mid may to end June.
- Being responsible for the presentation of facilities / exhibition areas.
- Supporting daily routine operations: Litter / loos / feeding pets / etc .
- Monitoring safety of facilities including adventure play areas etc.
- Working with the estate team when / if the centre is quiet with maintaining paths, car parking, exhibitions and information boards and more.
1. A good team player with the ability to promote joint team working
2. Flexible management style
3. Self- motivated, organised and results orientated
4. Able to demonstrate personal confidence in a managerial role
5. Ability to motivate, inspire and empower staff
6. Qualification in Front of House / Tourism / Outdoor Recreation or equivalent or substantial experience in a relevant subject
1. Relevant and practical experience in front of house ranger role
2. Demonstrable experience of managing and coordinating staff and volunteers.
3. Previous experience planning and delivering an events programme highly desirable
4. Previous experience managing a campground or camping program is a plus
1. A commitment to and enthusiasm for developing ranger services at Kelburn.
2. Willingness to work regular evenings, weekends, and public holidays if required.
Please send your C.V. to Jared Bowers (job title in subject line) at email@example.com
We appreciate all applications but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.