Seasonal Volunteer Ranger (Events)
Closing date: Friday 14th Feb 2020
Location: Kelburn Country Centre, Fairlie, near Largs, North Ayrshire
Start date: 9th March 2020
Seasonal full time position: Ends Oct 31st 2020. 5 days a week with flexible hours and working weekends. The business operates 7 days a week.
Salary: This is a volunteer position which will include accommodation and weekly expenses.
Description: We have a seasonal volunteer position (residential – a semi furnished room in a shared, non-smoking, house with a resident cat) available for a practical and well organised individual. You need to have a sound work ethic ensuring punctuality and productivity, showing self-motivation and the ability to act on initiative. With the varied work at Kelburn, it is essential to be a team player and be willing to get involved as required in order to meet the business demands.
The Seasonal Events Ranger will support the day to day servicing of the Country Centre and the delivery of events, as well as the wider estate which includes our glamping and camping area and additional onsite facilities. A level of physical fitness is required.
- Work alongside the Events team contributing to set up, take down and delivery of themed events.
- Deliver ranger products such as led walks and birthday parties.
- Supporting as required the work of the estate rangers with repairs, site safety & site presentation.
- Engage confidently with the customer.
- Respond to instructions and guidance, and work to the daily schedule.
- Support the housekeeping of yurts: complete unit changeover keeping high standards of cleanliness and presentation, including servicing of compost toilet.
- Erect and dismantle bell tents as required. Clean and store.
- Campsite maintenance: checking paths, fire pits, litter, water points, chemical toilet disposal signage and presentation.
- Daily facility roles: daily litter pick, emptying of bins, monitoring refuse sites, cleaning of toilets and customer buildings.
- Practical & physical outdoor work in all weathers, including small animal husbandry.
- Contributing to public engagement events
- Taking on a lead role in small groups ie: coaching, leading walks, teaching, drama
- Some involvement with outdoor work and tool use
- Working in a face to face customer experience
Please email your CV and short covering letter to Joanna Turner, Country Centre Manger firstname.lastname@example.org