Job Title: Glamping Supervisor Location: Kelburn Estate, Fairlie, Largs, KA29 0BE Terms: Part Time with Seasonal hours – hourly rate based on pro rata between £20-£23k (dependant on experience) Reporting to: General Manager, Director Responsible for: Casual staff, volunteers Internal relationships: Visitor Centre Supervisor, Head Ranger, Marketing Manager, Financial Controller, Maintenance &; Estate Team, Events Team
Kelburn is looking for a confident manager to be responsible for the day-to-
day management and future development of the new and exciting Glamping
Site at Kelburn, including 8 luxury yurts and the communal building ‘The
Bothy’ perched on the hillside, overlooking the Firth of Clyde. The role will
include management and oversight of cleaning and hospitality staff to
deliver a top-quality product with a focus on creating a lasting and magical
experience for Kelburn Guests. The role provides a fantastic opportunity to
develop and grow this exciting new business on Kelburn Estate. This is a
part time and flexible role but is likely to require some weekend and after
hours work as required.
● Alongside General Management and Director, create and implement the Standard Operating
Procedures (S.O.Ps) for Kelburn’s Glampsite.
● Train relevant staff and ensure S.O.Ps are observed by other team members to maintain a
high level of service and provision.
● Working with the Director and general management on creating a development plan and
future vision for the department.
● Working with the Director and general management on creating budgets and KPIs and
delivering on targets.
● Creation of rotas and effective staff management is required to ensure all shifts are covered
by a trained member of staff in your absence.
● Regular oversight of the online yurt booking system to plan workload ahead.
● Greeting visitors, showing them their Yurt & The Bothy when required and ensuring all
relevant information is communicated to guests.
● Ensuring the set up and cleaning of each yurt & The Bothy before each booking arrives
including but not limited to the following:
○ Correct bedding available for number of guests booked;
○ Yurt is cleaned and presented to a high standard;
○ Wood for wood burning fire is available;
○ Any hampers or additional extras booked are in place;
○ Ensure the Welcome book is in place;
○ Any items missing are restocked.
● Overseeing the turnover and cleaning of each yurt & The Bothy after each booking departs,
including removing and reporting any broken or worn items which require to be replaced.
● Overseeing all laundry procedures with external supplier.
● Creation and implementation of any other relevant systems and operational requirements
● Liaising with the Marketing Manager to deliver effective marketing strategies.
● Liaising with the Maintenance team and other necessary departments to ensure all site
infrastructure is monitored and maintained.
● Ensuring any requirements for purchases or restocking is carried out.
● Attending management meetings as required throughout the year.
● Undertaking any other duties commensurate with the post.
To apply please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re always looking for long term volunteers, who can help in any way. Please email our Ranger Team if you’d like to know more on email@example.com