Marketing Officer (Part Time / Flexible / Freelance)
Location: Kelburn Estate, Fairlie, Largs, KA29 0BE
Salary: 21k – 28k Pro Rata commensurate with experience
Terms: Part Time Permanent with Seasonal Hours or Freelance Basis
Reporting to: General Manager, Owner and Director
Internal relationships: Visitor Centre Operations Manager, Estate Manager, Head of Grounds and Gardens, Stables Manager, Castle Manager, Weddings Coordinator, Senior Estate Ranger, Financial Controller.
Kelburn has a great variety of offerings and attractions for our visitors. We’re looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Officer to join our team to develop and deliver daily and event specific marketing coverage for Kelburn, highlighting all our attractions to new and existing visitors. This will include being responsible for social media, website and print marketing campaigns, website updates, producing newsletters, industry listings and the creation of marketing materials. This role requires you to be flexible in your availability depending on seasonal business needs. It can be offered as a Part Time PAYE role with seasonal hours, or may also be suitable for the freelance marketing professional. As we are a year-round visitor attraction, weekend and evening working is required.
Application Deadline: 5pm on Sunday 30th January 2022
Interviews: Week Commencing Monday 7th February 2022
- Developing and implementing online marketing campaigns
- Creating engaging content for social channels including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Finding ways to reach new audiences and encourage repeat visits
- Creating and planning the design of email marketing newsletters
- Run the analysis of marketing campaigns and adjust our approach accordingly
- Manage content updates across the main website
- The creation and production of marketing materials for web content, leaflets, blogs, case studies and general marketing copy, using external contractors where necessary
- Proofread marketing collateral
- Liaise with suppliers and printers for marketing print runs
- Undertake competitor research
- Manage Marketing budget spend across the year, making key decisions on advertising, social media boosting, print costs etc.
- Liaising with Financial Controller on effiective reporting of spend
- Any other duties commensurate with the role
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Proactive and resourceful with a desire to develop Kelburn’s public image & visitor engagement
- Self- motivated and results orientated with excellent organisational skills
- 1+ year in an a similar marketing role
- Ability to deliver high quality and consistent service / products.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility in working hours
- Integrated marketing experience (digital and print)
- Comfortable and experienced working in a fast-paced environment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability with Photoshop or similar
- Experience in marketing for visitor attractions of a similar nature
- Full, current drivers’ licence
The working hours for this role will be primarily within standard office hours however it will also require some weekends and evenings, particularly during an event when we need responsive and real time messaging.
Application Deadline 5pm on Sunday 30th January
Interview Week commencing Monday 7th February
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Sunday 30th January 2022